New to Little Mandarin?
Try one of our current Intro Offers! With a variety of class styles and times to suit any lifestyle or movement preference, come and experience the Little Mandarin difference, obligation free, with one of our best valued Intro Offers to-date! Ground down in one of our mat classes or take flight in one of our aerial classes whilst overlooking the beautiful St Paul’s Cathedral and city skyscape.
Step 1: Choose Your Intro Offer
Choose from one of 3 different intro offer options that best suit your needs. You can buy your chosen intro offer online. With all of our intro offers, you will receive unlimited access to all our mat yoga class styles (Basics, Flow, Yin Yang Flow and Yin) for 4 weeks. The 4 weeks begin from the date of sale. Intro offers are available once per new student.
Good news! Our different intro offer options allow you to decide whether you are interested in trialling 5 aerial yoga classes (Aerial Intro and Aerial Flow, valid 3 month). We want to make sure that you get the most out of your time at Little Mandarin, so why not try as many different class styles and teachers as possible to find those that resonate most with you?
- 4-week unlimited mat pass - $88
- 5 aerial pass - $99
- 4-week unlimited mat plus 5 aerial pass - $180
Step 2: Book Your Class Ahead of Time
For mat yoga classes, bookings are not essential but recommended to be made ahead of time on either the “MindBody” app, “Little Mandarin Yoga Studios” app or on our website. We recommend downloading our free Little Mandarin app for fuss-free schedule management as well as up-to- date schedule information.
For aerial yoga classes, bookings are required as class sizes are limited to 13 spots only and classes book out quickly. Aerial classes are kept as an intimate experience so you will be well looked after during your acquaintance and journey with the aerial silks.
Please cancel your booking if you are unable to attend the class for giving the opportunity to fellow yogis on the waitlist. Our cancellation window is 3 hours before the advertised class start time. Please refer the studio polices in terms and conditions.
Step 3: On The Day
The studio is open 30 minutes before the advertised class start time. Please arrive 15 minutes before the advertised class start time to sign in, familiarise yourself with the studio and settle in.
Please wear comfortable, breathable, exercise clothing that is not too loose. No phones please during the class (photos/selfies are most certainly welcome after class!). Please be considerate of other students, do not wear heavy cologne or perfume, and mind your noise levels. No glass water bottles are allowed in the studio to prevent accidents.
Step 4: Some Things To Keep In Mind
When the class begins, the entrance will be locked for the security and safety of our students and their belongings. No latecomers are allowed. The studio offers premium grade Manduka branded yoga mats and props. However, you are welcome to use your own yoga mat instead. Once a class is full, reservations will be closed and any interested students may add their name to the waitlist.
We do not encourage students to leave early from the class. However, we understand you may encounter unexpected issues or have personal preferences. If you do need to leave early for any reason, please exit the studio quietly so as not to disrupt other students and if possible, please inform the instructor before the class starts.
Please notify the instructor if:
- You will be late.
- Must leave class early.
- Have any medical considerations or injuries.
- Prefer no hands-on adjustment.
- It is your first time doing yoga.
Detailed studio terms and conditions (including class cancellation policy) is available here.
Step 5: Mingle!
Make yourself at home either before or after a class! Little Mandarin is a place where you can feel relaxed in the hustle and bustle of the city. Stay for some tea, mingle and get to know like-minded people! Feel free to ask the teacher any questions or just have a chat – we love talking all things yoga and would love to share any tips and tricks.
A change room, lounge area, shoe and coat rack, shelving for your belongings and all yoga props are available in the studio. Bottled water and FINN Cold Press juices is also available for purchase pre- or post-class!
Frequently Asked Questions
I am new to yoga. Am I strong or flexible enough to practise yoga?
- Everyone has to start somewhere. Yoga is not only for those who are already strong or flexible. You begin yoga in order to slowly gain strength and flexibility. It is also a great tool to find balance between strength and flexibility as many us might be strong but not flexible or vice versa. Enjoy your own unique journey!
How should I prepare for a class?
- Stay hydrated throughout the day and make sure to leave at least an hour between your last meal and the class start time. Doing twists after a heavy meal might feel uncomfortable so come with a lighter belly and an open mind.
What should I bring?
- A bottle of water and a towel is recommended. Water is also available at the studio for purchase. No need to bring a mat as all mats and yoga props are complimentary.
Is there parking?
- We recommend taking public transport to the studio to reduce our environmental footprint (and road rage). Flinders Street Railway Station is just a 2-min walk away from the studio. We are also located within the free-tram zone.
Do you have showers?
- Unfortunately, we do not currently have showers. However, this is something that we are currently working on. We have plans on the way to make the studio an even better experience for you! Subscribe to our mailing list below and follow us on social media to keep up-to- date and be the first to know!